HELLER solutions at Franz Haas Waffelmaschinen
Reliable & flexible in automated continuous operation
The global leadership of Franz Haas Waffelmaschinen GmbH is based on top quality products and absolute adherence to delivery dates. To be able to manufacture their baking plates flexibly and reliably, the company uses three HELLER H 4000 4-axis machining centers interlinked by the Fastems system.
- high-performance 3D machining
- illustration of baking plates made from spheroidal graphite iron with vastly different contours such as ovals, circulated pyramids, and even complex shapes such as tree trunks.
- parallel to ongoing production, three components from three manufacturers are to be amalgamated to form a functioning overall system in the shortest possible time: the new HELLER machining centers, an upgrade of the existing Fastems system, and also the introduction of a zero point clamping system
Project scope & solution
- three HELLER H 4000 4-axis machining centers
- the machines are interlinked by a Fastems manufacturing system
- optional technology software package
- 3D contours are generated by two roughing and two finishing processes
- additional capacities thanks to the high productivity and availability of the three HELLER 4-axis machining centers
- increased manufacturing flexibility through the smooth interaction with the Fastems automation system: large orders with long lead times on the one hand and small batch sizes with short machining times on the other
- throughput times have been sustainably reduced
Managing Director at Franz Haas Waffelmaschinen
"HELLER has exceeded our expectations. Everything went well, the machines run extremely reliably and our throughput times have also measurably reduced."